Our Flagship Project
- To provide counseling and therapy for individuals affected by mental illnesses such as depression, anxiety and abuse through our mhealth app that interfaces clients with therapists.
- To provide holistic services such as general medical advice & referrals (access to healthcare linkages & providers), hosting of online content, life & soft skills trainings and e-books.
- To provide communities in Nigeria with mental health education/hackathons.
- To belong to the team of government & private healthcare deliverables.
- Provide support and care through Rehabilitative services. We practice Ubuntu & have experienced counselors & therapists who provide safe therapy for individuals.
- Engage in strategic programs such as life & soft skills trainings which will aid in erasing debilitating indicators (poverty, unemployment & stereotypical behaviours) of Mental Health Disorders.
- Aid in improving awareness of the seriousness of Mental Health Disorders as a public health problem globally while improving knowledge of what can be done to prevent them.
- Reduce stigma related occurrences associated through the use of non-sensational languages and letting people who are struggling with mental health issues know that they are not alone.
Following the flag off of the BridgingSpace project, the following has been achieved over the course of the year 2019.
- YOMOH has partnered with companies, non-profit organizations , support groups and media houses including CeSAHA, Carelife Character Foundation, SunRise Youth Intervention, The Lifthub, Correct FM, Stilt, Mind Health Initiative, MANI, YALI Network, amongst others in order to enlighten members of the society especially youths on the dangers of suicide, depression and other mental health related issues. Depression and suicide are more prevalent in the youths thus making them the focal point of this organization.
- YOMOH organised school outreaches and awareness programmes as a means of promoting mental health education, hackathons and also developing strategies for solutions. The organisation visited schools and also organized programmes where youths and children in secondary schools participated and shared their views, asked questions and got adequate answers.
- Her online platform serves as a safe space for young people to talk about their insecurities and get help was developed. On this platform there is an opportunity for people to ask questions about pressing mental health issues and in turn get answers to help them tackle them. The organization will launch its app in 2020 so as to enable those that are not within its inception area to connect online with professional counsellors and get the necessary help.
- As part of its achievements, BridgingSppace was incubated into a venture capitalist company “Faster Capital” to develop a mental health app “BridgingSpace” which interfaces users with therapists. The mobile app will serve as a safe space for those who need therapeutic sessions and counselling on depression and other mental health related issues.
The organization is looking forward to offering better services, partnership’s and collaborations in order to reach out to those who are plagued with thoughts of suicide, depression and other mental health related issues amidst the COVID-19 pandemic affecting communities worldwide
BridgingSpace by Yomoh Health Limited was listed as one of the Top 30 Most Inspiring digital innovations.
We are pleased that our innovation has not gone unnoticed!
The 30 Most Inspiring Digital Innovations 2020 came to us as an opportunity to share our inspiring innovation with the world, and we seized the chance to put forth our application on July 9, 2020, among several other innovations from various parts of the world including those from Africa, Latin America, and Asia.
Since its inception in 2016, The Spindle – Partos’ innovative platform- continues to provide opportunities for innovators to transform their wealth of human-impact ideas into innovative approaches and solutions. This year, doors were opened to 100 inspiring digital innovations in the field of development cooperation, out of which 30 Most Inspiring Digital Innovations were selected.
After careful review, extensive deliberation, and careful scoring, BridgingSpace – the tele-counselling innovation by Yomoh Health Limited – succeeded as one of the 30 Most Inspiring Digital Innovations 2020. To this point, we are honored by this recognition as one of the most brilliant innovators working on new digital initiatives that contribute to an inclusive and sustainable world.
On behalf of the BridgingSpace team, I wish to express that we are exhilarated by this selection and are highly motivated knowing that the sincerity of our initiative as a social impact organization, the intensity of our efforts, and the grace behind our drive, has brought us to this point.
We are aware of the tremendous challenges that have confronted our nation Nigeria in the past and, more so, at the time of this of the COVID-19 pandemic. In spite of this, we are resolved to change the narrative by continuing as a niche of ingenious solution-providers with unlimited potentials committed to providing unflinching, unalloyed, and unfettered tech-driven support for individuals with mental health challenges. However, we cannot do this alone. We call on well-meaning investors, philanthropists, donors, collaborators, and the general public, to throw their weight behind this initiative in a bid to realize the desired social impact in the healthcare system, specifically in the mental health intervention area.
The voice of Nelson Mandela still resonates in his quote, “Sometimes it falls upon a generation to be great, you can be that generation”. Join willing hearts and hands with us so that together we can achieve much more and foster great generations!